Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen the muscles responsible for moving and supporting the ankle, knee and hip.
This is a more dynamic version of the step up. This incorporates more explosive hip flexion, knee extension, and ankle plantar flexion. The unique features of the AchilloTrain Ankle Brace from Bauerfeind help to support the Achilles tendon and reduce or relieve pain experienced there, easing the performance of exercise or everyday activities.
- You will need an exercise step measuring 6” or more in height.
- Begin standing upright on feet spread hip-width apart.
- Step up onto the step with one foot and follow by forcefully lifting the opposite knee forward.
- Step down and back on each foot.
- Repeat alternating the lead foot.
- Adjust pace according to your ability and repeat as instructed.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.