Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen The Muscles Of The Hand, Wrist And Forearm.
This exercise is intended to strengthen the muscles of the hand, wrist and forearm. Managing swelling and pain is an important first step in the recovery from this injury. The support and compression provided by the EpiTrain Elbow Brace from Bauerfeind can help.
- For this exercise you’ll need a commercially available sand weight. If you don’t already have one, you can create your own home using a sealable plastic bag filled with an appropriate weight of sand, dried beans or rice.
- Begin the exercise in the standing position, then bend forward at the waist.
- Protect your back by supporting the weight of your upper body with the arm not being exercised.
- From this position, simply release the bag from your hand and quickly grasp it before it falls to the ground.
- Relax and repeat as instructed by your physical therapist or trainer.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.