Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen the muscles responsible for extending the shoulders and back.
This exercise is intended to strengthen the muscles responsible for extending the shoulders while engaging or involving the muscles of the core. Back pain is a common complaint with many origins. The LumboTrain Back Brace from Bauerfeind helps to support the low back and control the stresses that may produce pain.
- For this exercise you will need an elastic band or tubing. Attach the band or tubing to a fixed stationary object or structure.
- Take one end of the tube or band in each hand. While standing on feet spread hip-width apart, squat slightly and stabilize your spine by contracting your core muscles.
- From the position described, squeeze your shoulder blades together and draw your arms back against the resistance supplied by the band.
- Adjust resistance by moving closer to or farther away from the band’s point of attachment.
- Perform all movements in a controlled fashion, relax and repeat as instructed.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.