Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen the muscles that bend and extend you at the waist, straighten your knee and extend your hip.
This is a hip strengthening exercise, core anti-rotation exercise, and hip-spine dissociation exercise. Back pain is a common complaint with many origins. The Bauerfeind LumboTrain Back Brace and LumboTrain Lady Back Brace help to support the low back and control the stresses that produce pain.
- Begin this exercise in the plank position, supported on either your forearms or on hands below extended elbows. If properly positioned, a straight line can be drawn through your ankles, knees, hips and shoulders.
- With your knees straight and your toes pointed downwards, alternately lift a foot up off of the floor until the leg becomes parallel, or slightly above parallel, with the floor.
- Hold briefly at the top of each movement.
- Perform all movements in a controlled fashion.
- Relax and repeat as your ability allows.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.