Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen the muscles responsible for moving and supporting the shoulder and arms.
This is a variation of the classic push-up exercise, performed on an unstable surface, adding to the challenge. Pain may make exercise a challenge. The support and compression provided by the OmoTrain Shoulder Brace from Bauerfeind can help to ease shoulder pain and improve exercise performance.
- Begin this exercise in the push-up position, with both hands supported on top of the stability ball.
- From the described position, lower and raise your chest to and from the ball by bending and extending the elbows.
- While performing this exercise maintain a straight line alignment from the ankles, knees, hips and shoulders.
- Perform both the upward and downward movements in a controlled fashion.
- Repeat as appropriate for your ability.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.