Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen the hips, knees and ankles.
This exercise is intended to strengthen the hips, knees and ankles. It is made more difficult by being performed on an unstable surface. The unique features of Bauerfeind’s AchilloTrain Ankle Support help to support the Achilles tendon and reduce or relieve pain experienced there.
- Begin standing on an airpad, pillow or other item to provide an unstable surface. Position your feet hip-width or wider apart with toes pointing forward.
- From the described position, bend the hips and knees to sink downward as if to sit.
- Although your arm position is not critical for this exercise, you may find it helpful to raise your arms forward when squatting.
- Work to keep your knees directly above your ankles at all times. They should not bend beyond your toes nor shift inward or outward.
- Perform both the up and down movements in a controlled fashion. Relax and repeat as your ability allows.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.