Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Restore balance following injury or surgery.
This exercise is intended to assist in restoring balance following injury or surgery. The unique features of the Bauerfeind AchilloTrain Ankle Support help to support the Achilles tendon and reduce pain experienced there, easing the performance of exercise and everyday activities.
- Choose a flat, level surface.
- Begin standing upright on feet spread hip-width apart. Shift weight onto the foot of the leg to be exercised.
- With the free foot reach forward, backward, backward diagonally inside and to the side.
- With each movement of the free foot, the knee of the weight-bearing leg bends.
- Perform this exercise using slow, carefully-controlled movement.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.