Physical Therapy Videos Put Together By Real Orthopedic Specialists To Help You Recover And Stay Injury-Free.
Strengthen the muscles that move and support the hip and knee.
Wearing Bauerfeind's GenuTrain Knee Support during this exercise provides stability and relief from pain and swelling.
- Begin standing fully upright on feet spread shoulder-width apart.
- Place a kettle bell of a weight appropriate to your ability at your feet. Keeping your feet flat on the floor, squat down by bending at the hips and knees.
- Grasp the kettle bell handle with both hands and with elbows kept straight return to the standing position.
- Avoid slumping and slouching to protect your back against injury. Keep your knees positioned directly above your feet and your heels planted on the ground.
- Repeat the upward and downward movements in a steady, controlled fashion.
- Relax and repeat as your ability allows.
This information is provided for general information purposes and should not be relied on as a substitute for medical advice, evaluation or care from a qualified and licensed health care provider. The information contained here is not to be considered a plan of care of physical therapy.